Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3 Taking Flight

Activity 1 Bird Of The Year
Talk About The Barn Owl

Photo by Black Stallion Photography
You can find more information about this bird in this link
The barn owls are a farmers best friend because they eat all the mice and rats and pests you find on farms and anywhere else. Barn owls favourite food are mice and rats probably because they eat them a lot. They live in New Zealand and they are helping make our country clean.

Activity 2 Flying Foxes
Pick a superpower 
I would like to have tali-porting as my superpower because you would be able to go any where you want any time you want. You could be able to sleep in on school days a bit and just get ready super fast and then be able to tali-port to school.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sophie,

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    What a fantastic start to this activity, it's so great seeing you attributing the image, well done Sophie! The barn owl looks so unique with its white face and black beady eyes, doesn't it? I didn't know that these owls are helpful to farmers. I would imagine that the farmers would be very happy that they don't have to deal with the problem of mice and rats themselves! It's good to know that even these barn owls are doing their part to keep New Zealand clean - what good citizens they are! :D

    Yes, I completely agree with you, being able to teleport wherever you wanted would be such an amazing and magical superpower to have! It would be so convenient, I wish they could at least invent teleportation machines, don't you? That way, heaps of people can go to wherever they liked without having the superpower at all. Haha, you make a good point, I would have loved to sleep in like that before school! If you could teleport anywhere in the world, where would you teleport to? I would probably teleport to South Africa because I have a lot of close friends there that I miss dearly.

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.