Monday 31 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1 Heated Debate

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1
Activity 1 Togs Or Trackies
When is it a good time for tourists to come to NZ and what are 3 things they can do here.
I think summer would be the best time for tourists to come to NZ because it will be sunny not raining and it will be really hot.
1. Pancake Rocks
2. Hamner Springs
3. Lyttelton Christchurch

Activity 2 You Are My Sunshine
List 5 things to do to stay sun-smart
1. Slip on a shirt
2. Slip into shade
3. Slop on sunscreen
4. Slap on a hat
5. Wrap on some sunglasses

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Sophie,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey programme team this year. It is great to see that you have been posting activities for the SLJ over the past few weeks. Welcome to the team!

    I really enjoyed this post as you have reminded me of some of the very beautiful places that we have here in New Zealand. I have had the chance to visit the Pancake Rocks and Hamner Springs but have yet to get to Lyttleton. What would you recommend I do when I go to Lyttleton? Are there specific places, like museums, shops or cafes, that I should be sure to visit?

    I hope that you and your family are having a really nice holiday together. Will you have time to visit any special touristy places over the break? Our family is just staying home this year. We have decided to have a relaxing, laid back break and spend our time at the local parks and beaches. We live in Auckland and are pretty lucky to have some beautiful places within walking distance of our house. I think that we may, actually, hit up the local beach today (if the sun comes out)! If we do go, we will be sure to follow the sunsmart tips that you have shared with us on your blog.

    Thanks for a great post, Sophie. Hope to see you online again soon!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.