Monday 24 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 1 Swimming With The Fish

Activity 2 The Great Taupo Cycle Race
3 people I would want as my support crew
1. My Granddad because he is very supportive and funny. 
2. My friend because she is very energetic.
3. My Aunt because she is hilarious and really supportive

Activity 3 Something Smells Fishy
True Or False
Fish Fact 1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish TRUE
Fish Fact 2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids TRUE
Fish Fact 3:Starfish are a type of fish TRUE
Fish Fact 4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans,hisses,etc) FALSE
Fish Fact 5: Fish usually swim together in groups called classes' FALSE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie

    My name is Allie and I am the cluster manager for the SLJ in Toki Pounamu. It is great to see you taking part in the SLJ again this summer.
    I really like the people you have chosen to take part in the Taupo challenge.
    Grandad sounds like he would be a lot of fun to have during the race crew. Grandads are always so supportive. And an energetic friend would keep you motivated so that you could keep going to do more.
    And it never hurts to have a second funny person there to make you smile and keep you going. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

    There are some really cool facts about fish. This was a good activity and i really enjoyed reading these facts too. I think you need to re read some of the questions as you have got a little confused.
    I wonder if the Australian Lungfish is easy to find. I would quite like to see this one. It sounds funny. And I think you will find that the fish do communicate with each other by making sounds under the water such as moans and hisses. They use different parts of their bodies to do this.

    Great work Sophie.

    Keep up the good work and I hope that you are having a good holiday so far.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.