Friday 1 May 2020

NOT MY HOUSE



NOT MY HOUSE


I pulled down on the chain with my left hand steering herself towards the target. It was supposed to be the most exciting birthday present ever for a hot air balloon ride. However I have been hanging on for dear life for over 100KM (since the basket of the hot air balloon had fallen off). I was now getting used to steering the huge balloon by manoeuvring my body leaning to the left or the right. Terrified yet excited at the same time I could just about make out my house and garden far below. It was the one surrounded by trees straight ahead, wasn’t it? I took a deep breath and focused…






I focused on the yard that I thought was mine so I let go off the chain and I started to float down. I floated into a tree and I climbed down the tree. I look at the house and then I realise it's not my house, it's not even a house. It's the queen's castle. I knock on the door to ask if I can borrow their phone to ring my parents. The queens body guard answers the door “what are you doing here?” “You're not supposed to be here and I’m sorry but I have to call the police because this is trespassing” he said. I’m sitting on a chair, my hands in cuffs waiting for the police to arrive. The queen came out and asked the bodyguard why there was a teenage girl sitting on a chair in handcuffs. The bodyguard told the queen “don’t worry your majesty you will be safe now go and do some sudokus.” “I’m sorry sir but you can’t tell me what to do so could you please leave so I can talk to this beautiful young woman,” said the queen. The bodyguard left…






The queen asked what I was doing here and I told her “I’m really sorry for causing trouble, today is my birthday and my parents got me a hot air balloon ride but the basket fell off and I was stuck hanging on to the chain. I thought that this was my house but it was yours and now I’m going to jail and my parents are gonna yell at me and be mad I might get sentenced to jail for trespassing when I’m only 14”. The next minute I hear sirens and I see cops. The queen whispers to me “don’t worry I will get you out.” The bodyguard comes in and takes me out to the police. The police take me to jail and they put me in a cell and they ask me questions. They asked me why I was at the queen’s castle, and I told them that I fell from my hot air balloon but they told me it was the stupidest excuse they had ever heard. They ask me what my parent’s phone number was and I told them. They rang my parents but they didn’t answer the phone the cops told me that until they could get a hold of my parents that I would have to go to jail.






The cop took me to the jail and they made me put on this blue jumpsuit and it was very uncomfortable. I got to my jail cell and I stayed in there for a long time and I started to get depressed and sad. When I was talking to one of the people that I share my jail cell with they were saying about the dog program. I didn’t know anything about it so I went and asked the office lady about it and she told me to go sit down and wait for the person in charge of the dog program to come. So I went and sat down and this woman came in wearing a green shirt and black jeans. The office lady started talking to the women. The office lady came over to me and introduced me “this is Carly she is in charge of the dog program.” “Hello, I heard that you were wanting to know about the dog program. Would you like to be a part of it.” YES PLEASE!!! “Ok I will go find you a dog and then I will be back to help you start training your dog.”





Carly gets back with the emotional support Dalmation , her name is Chloe. Carly is handing me the dog and says, “This is Chloe and she will be the dog that stays with you until you get out of jail. She will be with you all the time she will be there when you go for a walk and when you go to bed”. Carly comes in every day to help me train Chloe and my depression is starting to get better and I am starting to be happy again. The good thing is that when I come out of jail I am allowed to keep my dog. I am enjoying training Chloe. I have taught her how to sit and all those simple tricks. I am starting to teach her more complicated tricks.



Finally, the cops have got hold of my parents and now my parents have rushed to the jail to see me. I have been in jail for 4 months now and they have been worried. I see my parents and I run and give them a hug. The office lady comes over and tells us that there is a cop that wants to talk to us. My parents ask the cop why I’m in jail and the cop tells them. The cop says that I will need to be in jail for 2 more months. But my parents are allowed to come to visit me whenever they want to. They asked me if I have made any friends and I said yes I have. They ask to meet my friends. I introduced them to Carly and Chloe. Carly asks to speak to my parents alone. So I take Chloe outside so she can go to the toilet. “She is doing better but I think when she comes out of jail she will need counselling because she is such a young age and she has gone through a lot I also think it would be a good idea if you let Chloe move in with you guys so that your daughter has her emotional support dog”. “I completely understand and thank you for helping our daughter,” says my Dad.



The next two months go by and it's finally the day that I get out of jail. I'm so excited but I’m sad because I have to say goodbye to Chloe. We get back to my house and we go inside. I see Chloe and Carly sitting on the couch. I'm confused because I just said goodbye to them both. I walk in and ask what is going on. “Honey Chloe is gonna live here and she is gonna be your emotional support dog”. “That's amazing I say but why is Carly here.” “I’m going to be your personal counsellor and I’m moving in next door so I can be closer to you.” This is so amazing and I hug everyone and say thank you. Fast forward two months. I am having the best life with my family and Carly. I’m so happy with my life and the new people that are in it.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a big story Sophie. Unfortunately I can't read the first few lines as they go off the page and under your picture. Are you able to resize it, so I can read all of it? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for changing that Sophie. Now I understand how your character ended up in jail and the line about playing sudoku made me giggle.
    Great story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.