Wednesday 20 December 2017

Week 1 Day 3 Its all in the family

Activity 1 The more the merrier

Well I would love to have a big family but I would also not.

Reasons I would love it

1. I will always have someone to play with.

2. I will never ever get board.

3. Well I have a 14 year old sister and a 6 year old brother so my sister is always of hangout with her friends and my little brother is always paying outside in the garden or playing with his toys and he normally gets really mad at me so I never have anyone to talk to.

Reasons I would hate it

1. I wouldn't have my own space I love having my own space doing my own thing but I would have to share a room with like 4 people having to share a room with my little brother is worse enough.

2. I would never get to sit down and talk to my parents because they would be running around for the others.

Activity 2 Acknowledging ancestry

Ko Moehau te maunga
Ko Waihou te awa
Ko taunui te waka
Ko Marutuahu tooku tiipuna
Ko Waihinu tooku iwi
Ko Ngati Maru tooku hapu 
Ko Manaia tooku marae
Ko Hauraki ahau
Ko Amy raaua Ko Paul ooku maatua
Ko Sophie tooku ingoa

By The Way if you want to know why some of the letters there are two of in the word its because I don't know how to do the lines above them. But my principal this year told us that you just add the same letter in so thats what I have done.


Bonus Activity Fun Family Facts

Leah My older sister
1. Swimming in my pool at home
2. Barbecues with family and friends

Paul My Dad
1. Fishing
2. Chilling

Amy My Mum
1. Gardening
2. Fishing

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey this summer.

    Good job coming up with some pros and cons to having a large family. Those are all good reasons. I had to share a room with my sister until I was 13 so I know how annoying sharing a space can be! And I think you're right that your parents would be very busy!

    Good job with your pepeha! You're right that having two of the same letter can be like having a line above the letter. The lines above letters are called macrons. Could you tell me a little bit about your ancestor? I would love to know some more about your history!

    It sounds like your family has a lot of fun in summer. I went fishing once and caught I fish so big it nearly pulled me into the water! Do you like fishing as well?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.