Friday 12 January 2018

Week 1 Day 5 The Dawn Of A New Era...

Activity 1 Translating Phrases

1. Nau mai ki aotearoa.
1. Welcome to New Zealand.
2. Sophie is my name.
2. Ko Sophie toku ingoa.
3. What is your name?
3. He aha to ingoa?
4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaora!
4. I like to play rugby!
5. Where do you come from?
5. No hea ko?

Activity 2 The treaty of waitangi

1. I would love to visit Haruru falls the most.
2. A waka ride down the river sounds calm and quiet.
3. I want to visit waitangi treaty grounds.

Bonus Activity #Earnthefern

What age was he when he decided to play rugby?
I would like to know what sport he practices for the most and why.
How can you train for 2 sports at once? I struggle practicing for 1 sport.
What is your daily routine?




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sophie,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emily") and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team who will be commenting on your summer blogs! I like the way you have done a rainbow pattern with your blog posts. It looks really effective. How creative of you!

    Activity 1: You have done a great job translating these phrases into English and Te Reo Maori. Did you enjoy using Google Translate? Maybe you could have a go at translating these phrases into other languages. French? Japanese? Samoan? Go crazy with it and have fun! I always like to give other languages a try!

    Activity 2: Thanks for sharing these interesting things to do at Waitangi. Haruru Falls sounds like a very cool place. I wonder what it looks like? Maybe you could add a picture of Haruru Falls so that people can see what it looks like. I know I'd appreciate seeing it :)

    Bonus activity: These are some great questions to ask Bill Kini. I like the way you have asked open-ended questions. Open-ended question are great because you get an explanation with lots of detail instead of just "yes" or "no" (these are called closed-ended questions). Super work!

    Keep up the great blogging! You're doing an awesome job, Sophie.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.